Let’s face it, the holidays are the one time of year when you’re going to have your picture taken more than you’d like. From candid family gathering snapshots, to posed holiday card photos, you’re going to be on camera! The holiday season usually means Winter is in full swing, and Winter brings along its own set of problems. Almost everyone suffers from dry, cracked skin or dry, brittle hair. You don’t want to be looking too crusty in your pics, so follow these easy tips to stay merry and bright this season!
Winter brings out the dryness in everything. The air is dry, your skin is dry, your hair is dry. You have to moisturize!
How to keep skin supple:
- Use a moisturizer that is fragrance and dye free. Strange chemicals can hurt fragile skin.
- Make your own lotion! Use this recipe from Beauty Munsta to create a beeswax and Shea Butter concoction for winter skin!
How to keep hair soft:
- Get a replenishing hair service at our student salon*! This service will help condition your hair to a shine.
- Fun tip! If you make the lotion recipe from above, it can double as a conditioner!
Your skin needs to shed its summer layer. If you want to keep those pesky flakes at bay, make sure to exfoliate!
- Use a natural exfoliant to keep your skin happy. Dabble and Babble has a great honey and oatmeal face scrub you can make at home!
- Exfoliate once to twice a week for best results.
Make Yourself Up
The lighting often used for indoor pictures can really wash you out. Using makeup to highlight your best features can add more definition to your face.
- Pick a foundation that is close to your skin tone. Avoid going too dark or too light.
- Contour! To really accentuate your face shape, make sure to contour your chin, cheek, and nose bones.
- Add a little holiday dazzle for an extra-festive look. Glitter eyeshadow is a nice touch.
- If you want to go all-out this season, stop into our student salon* for makeup application on your celebration day!
Here is our inspiration this season:
Celebrate From Head to Toe
To complete your look, you’ll want to treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure. Festive colors can put you into full-blown holiday mode, and golds, silvers, and greys can keep it neutral and classy.
If you’re worried about ruining your favorite sweater, stop into our student salon* and get a manicure and pedicure from one of our talented students!
*All services are performed by students supervised by licensed professionals.